- Deputy Rector at Ben-Gurion University of the Negev
- Pro to the question "Are Social Networking Sites Good for Our Society?"
“Social media offer an accessible, widely available means for a bi-directional flow of information between the public and the authorities. In the crisis, all emergency responders used and leveraged social media networks for communicating both with the public and among themselves…
In recent years, the social media, and especially Twitter, have emerged as important, near real-time communication channels and technologies during emergency response. Social media consist of tools that enable open and online exchange of information through conversation, interaction and exchange of user generated content…
The different social media channels have become an integral tool in the response of official authorities and the general public to emergency situations.”
Cowritten with Tomer Simon, Limor Aharonson-Daniel, Dmitry Leykin, and Bruria Adini, “Twitter in the Cross Fire – The Use of Social Media in the Westgate Mall Terror Attack in Kenya,” PLoS ONE, Aug. 25, 2014
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals with PhDs, MDs, JDs, or equivalent advanced degrees in fields relevant to social media. Also top-level government officials (such as foreign leaders, US presidents, Founding Fathers, Supreme Court Justices, members of legislative bodies, cabinet members, military leaders, etc.) with positions relevant to social media.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Deputy Rector, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev (Israel), 2010-present
- Professor, Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev
- Former Vice Dean, Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev
- Former Head, Department of Emergency Medicine, Leon and Mathilda Recanati School for Community Health Professions, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev
- Former Deputy Surgeon, Israel Defense Forces Medical Corps
- Former Commander, Military Medical Academy, Israel Defense Forces Medical Corps
- PhD, Health Systems Management, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev (Israel)
- MPH, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences (USA)
- MA, date and school unknown
- Contact Info:
- Recipient, Certificate of Excellence in Teaching, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev (Israel), 2012
- Quoted in:
- Pro & Con Quotes: Are Social Networking Sites Good for Our Society?