- Head of the Emergency Response Training Program at Ben-Gurion University of the Negev
- Pro to the question "Are Social Networking Sites Good for Our Society?"
“Social media offer an accessible, widely available means for a bi-directional flow of information between the public and the authorities. In the crisis, all emergency responders used and leveraged social media networks for communicating both with the public and among themselves…
In recent years, the social media, and especially Twitter, have emerged as important, near real-time communication channels and technologies during emergency response. Social media consist of tools that enable open and online exchange of information through conversation, interaction and exchange of user generated content…
The different social media channels have become an integral tool in the response of official authorities and the general public to emergency situations.”
Cowritten with Tomer Simon, Avishay Goldberg, Limor Aharonson-Daniel, and Dmitry Leykin, “Twitter in the Cross Fire – The Use of Social Media in the Westgate Mall Terror Attack in Kenya,” PLoS ONE, Aug. 25, 2014
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals with PhDs, MDs, JDs, or equivalent advanced degrees in fields relevant to social media. Also top-level government officials (such as foreign leaders, US presidents, Founding Fathers, Supreme Court Justices, members of legislative bodies, cabinet members, military leaders, etc.) with positions relevant to social media.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Head, Emergency Response Training Program, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev (Israel)
- Researcher, Recanti Department for Emergency Medicine, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev
- Senior Consultant, Israeli Ministry of Health, 2000-present
- Former Head, Emergency Hospitalization and Alert Department, Israeli Ministry of Health
- Former Head, Emergency Hospitalization Branch, Medical Corps, Israel Defense Forces
- Member of the Board, World Association of Disaster and Emergency Medicine (WADEM)
- Member of the Board, Local Authorities Confronting Disasters and Emergencies (LACDE)
- PhD, Health Systems Management, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center (Israel), 2009
- Twitter handle: @Adinib
- Was born in Israel in 1955
- Quoted in:
- Pro & Con Quotes: Are Social Networking Sites Good for Our Society?