- Professor of Law at George Washington University Law School
- NC to the question "Are Social Networking Sites Good for Our Society?"
“In my book, The Future of Reputation (available online for free at futureofreputation.com) I spend a considerable amount of time talking about all the good attributes of social network sites. My position is that they can be used to cause harm even though they can also be used for many good things.
The question you ask [Is social networking for society?] is way too broad. It’s kind of like asking: ‘Is industry good for society?’ and then listing all people who complain about pollution as cons.
So you could put my answer as ‘Pro AND con’ which would be much more precise.”
Email to ProCon.org, Feb. 11, 2010
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Professor of Law, George Washington University Law School, 2008-present
- Associate Professor of Law, George Washington University Law School, 2004-2008
- Associate Professor of Law, Seton Hall Law School, 2000-2004
- Law Clerk, the Honorable Pamela Ann Rymer, US Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit (Pasadena, CA), 1999-2000
- Associate, Arnold & Porter, Washington, DC, 1998-1999
- Law Clerk, the Honorable Stanley Sporkin, US District Court (Washington, DC), 1997-1998
- JD, Yale Law School, 1997
- AB, English Literature, Washington University, 1994
- None found