- Statistics and Research Methods Consultant at Tel Hai Academic College
- Pro to the question "Are Social Networking Sites Good for Our Society?"
“Social media offer an accessible, widely available means for a bi-directional flow of information between the public and the authorities. In the crisis, all emergency responders used and leveraged social media networks for communicating both with the public and among themselves…
In recent years, the social media, and especially Twitter, have emerged as important, near real-time communication channels and technologies during emergency response. Social media consist of tools that enable open and online exchange of information through conversation, interaction and exchange of user generated content…
The different social media channels have become an integral tool in the response of official authorities and the general public to emergency situations.”
Cowritten with Tomer Simon, Avishay Goldberg, Limor Aharonson-Daniel, and Bruria Adini, “Twitter in the Cross Fire – The Use of Social Media in the Westgate Mall Terror Attack in Kenya,” PLoS ONE, Aug. 25, 2014
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals and organizations that do not fit into the other star categories.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Statistics and Research Methods Consultant, Tel Hai College (Israel), Sep. 2013-present
- Teaching Assistant, Department of Psychology, Tel Hai College, June 2009-Oct. 2014
- Fellow Researcher, Community Stress Prevention Centre, June 2008-Sep. 2013
- Teaching Assistant, Emek Yizrael College (Israel), Oct. 2012-Feb. 2013
- PhD candidate, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev (Israel), (expected completion year 2017)
- MA, Psychology, Tel Aviv University (Israel), 2012
- BA, Multi-/Interdisciplinary Studies (Psychology) and Arts in Education, Tel Hai College (Israel), 2008
- Also known as Dima Leykin
- Twitter handle: @dimleyk
- Quoted in:
- Pro & Con Quotes: Are Social Networking Sites Good for Our Society?