- Social Media Celebrity
- Con to the question "Are Social Networking Sites Good for Our Society?"
“I’ve spent the majority of my teenage life being addicted to social media, social approval, social status, and my physical appearance… [Social media] is contrived images and edited clips ranked against each other. It’s a system based on social approval, likes, validation, in views, success in followers. it’s perfectly orchestrated self-absorbed judgement…
How can we see ourselves and our true purpose/talents if we are constantly viewing others?… Many of us are in so deep we don’t realize [social media’s] delusional powers and the impact it has on our lives…
I can’t tell you how free I feel without social media. Never again will I let a number define me. IT SUFFOCATED ME.”
Kristina Rodulfo, “100 Shots, One Day of Not Eating: What Happens When You Say What Really Goes Into the Perfect Bikini Selfie?,” Elle, Nov. 2, 2015
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Social media celebrity, with 600,000+ followers on Instagram, 200,000+ on YouTube and Tumblr, and 60,000+ on SnapChat before quitting the sites in Oct. 2015
- Former model, IMG Models
- None found
- Was born on Nov. 3, 1996 in Australia
- Has modelled for Lorna Jane and Triangl Swimwear
- Quoted in:
- Pro & Con Quotes: Are Social Networking Sites Good for Our Society?