- Editor-in-Chief of the Odyssey
- Pro to the question "Are Social Networking Sites Good for Our Society?"
“I believe social media has truly made our world a better place and I think overall the world has greatly benefitted from its existence for many different reasons.
In a time where traveling for work has become the norm and so many people are required to be in a different place multiple times each month, social media allows individuals the chance to stay close with their family and friends. It allows them to share what’s going on in their life in the most convenient way…
Social media accounts enable people from all over the world to foster and maintain relationships without letting distance become a barrier.
Social media has also created an exciting outlet for people to see news and stay updated on current events in the world…
[S]ocial media has given our society a better way of life and it has aided people in their daily lives. Social media is not the enemy; it is our ally and it has provides us with resources that we never knew before.”
“Why the Benefits of Social Media Outweigh the Drawbacks,” Odyssey, Dec. 14, 2015
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Freelance Writer, Tintero Creative, Mar. 2016-present
- Editor-in-Chief, Odyssey, Nov. 2015-present
- On-Campus Intern, Athlete Network, Feb. 2015-present
- Tennis Instructor, Work Out West, Oct. 2013-present
- Tennis Instructor, Hampton Racquet Club, June 2015-Aug. 2015
- Specialist, Hampton Country Day Camp, June 2015-Aug. 2015
- Intern, Powered By Youth Foundation, Inc., May 2014-Aug. 2014
- Tennis Instructor, Scrap Dog Tennis Camps, June 2013-Jan. 2014
- Tennis Instructor/Camp Counselor, Westlake Village Inn, June 2013-Aug. 2013
- BS, Business Marketing, University of Northern Colorado, 2016
- Twitter handle: @hilarywalterswe
- Quoted in:
- Pro & Con Quotes: Are Social Networking Sites Good for Our Society?