- Con to the question "Are Social Networking Sites Good for Our Society?"
“I hate social media… You can’t do anything. You can’t get away with anything. Not that that’s what I’m trying to do, but you’re burned all the time.
It’s not just about me. I watch it happen to other people and it scares me… People can say whatever they want and the best part is it doesn’t have to be true. There’s no responsibility that they have to take, there’s no integrity…. It’s blogs. People can write whatever they want about you. Sometimes it can be ridiculous and you can think to yourself, ‘Well, no one will believe that.’ But they do.”
George Stroumboulopoulos, “Michael Bublé: I Hate Social Media,” cbc.ca, Mar. 17, 2014
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals and organizations that do not fit into the other star categories.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Albums include: To Be Loved, Christmas, Crazy Love, Hollywood, Let It Snow, Call Me Irresponsible, Caught In the Act, It’s Time, Come Fly with Me, and Michael Bublé
- Recipient, Grammy Award for Best Traditional Pop Vocal Album, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2013
- Recipient, Best New Talent, Juno Awards, 2004
- Winner at age 17 of the Canadian Youth Talent Search
- Starred in the theater productions of Red Rock Diner in 1996 and Forever Swing in 1998
- Ambassador, Campaign for BC Children, BC Children’s Hospital Foundation
- Former commercial fisherman
- None found
- Twitter handle: @michaelbuble
- Full name is Michael Steven Bublé
- Was born on Sep. 9, 1975 in Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada
- Is a naturalized Italian citizen
- Is represented by Warner Bros
- Is a minority owner of the Vancouver Giants ice hockey team
- Quoted in:
- Pro & Con Quotes: Are Social Networking Sites Good for Our Society?