- Founder of Ready.org.il
- Pro to the question "Are Social Networking Sites Good for Our Society?"
“Social media offer an accessible, widely available means for a bi-directional flow of information between the public and the authorities. In the crisis, all emergency responders used and leveraged social media networks for communicating both with the public and among themselves…
In recent years, the social media, and especially Twitter, have emerged as important, near real-time communication channels and technologies during emergency response. Social media consist of tools that enable open and online exchange of information through conversation, interaction and exchange of user generated content…
The different social media channels have become an integral tool in the response of official authorities and the general public to emergency situations.”
Cowritten with Avishay Goldberg, Limor Aharonson-Daniel, Dmitry Leykin, and Bruria Adini, “Twitter in the Cross Fire – The Use of Social Media in the Westgate Mall Terror Attack in Kenya,” PLoS ONE, Aug. 25, 2014
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals and organizations that do not fit into the other star categories.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Chief Architect and CTO, Amdocs, June 2013–present
- Population Commander During Emergencies (Reserves), Israeli Home Front Command, May 2013-present
- Certified Civil Defense Supervisor, Israeli Home Front Command, Feb. 2012–present
- Founder, Ready.org.il, Jan. 2011-present
- Certified Scrum Master, Scrum Alliance, Nov. 2008–present
- Enterprise Architect, Ministry of Justice, Apr. 2010-May 2013
- Development Manager, Amdocs, Aug. 2004-Apr. 2010
- PhD candidate, Emergency Medicine, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev (Israel), (expected completion year 2016)
- MPH, Multidisciplinary Program for Emergency and Disaster Management, Tel Aviv University (Israel), 2010
- BSc, Geophysics and Archaeology, Tel Aviv University
- Twitter handle: @TomerSimon
- Quoted in:
- Pro & Con Quotes: Are Social Networking Sites Good for Our Society?